Summary of standards for advertising and promotion media
- For all media avertising, we will perform examination of your company (advertiser), the product and the expression used (ad content). Your understandig is greatly appreciated.
- We may be unable to accept advertisements from organizations that compete with the business operations of the JAL Group and its affiliates (also includes information from organizations other than JAL Group airlines).
- JAL media is media that communicates as part of the airline’s customer service. Therefore, we may not be able to accept any content or visual images that could cause a sense of anxiety or discomfort to our customers or put them at a disadvantage.
- Advertising media and services carried out in restricted areas and in aircraft at an airport must comply with a variety of terms and conditions based on the Airport Law and Aviation Law. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
- Please contact us for details of restrictions on industries we can handle advertising for, products, and expressions used. In addition, please contact us at the production stage to inquire about the contents of the original document.
- The first and last dates on which the each media is placed in-flight may change slightly due to the state of preparation of aircraft.
- We may be unable to implement the media service due to unavoidable reasons such as bad weather or force majeure. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
- We cannot provide a discount or repayment in the event of suspended service or a reduction in the number of scheduled flights, which will be caused by inevitable events.
- In principle, you cannot cancel your application once you have submitted it. A cancellation charge will apply in the unlikely event that an application is canceled. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
- We cannot accept request of flight routes or classes to advertise on.
- We don’t have a restriction on the number of companies per industry for every advertising menu.
- We require advance payment for the first booking.
- Every advertising menu are a term contract. We cannot provide a discount or repayment due to increases or decreases in operated flight.
Common to all paper media
Points to consider in regard to bookings
- We cannot accept specifications relating to the page on which advertising is to be shown except for those on special areas such as the front cover and the articles facing the advertisement.
- If you do not specify the article facing your advertisement, there are times when it will be facing another advertisement. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Points to note when producing the original
- Please submit all of the original advertising as PDF* file.
*Illustrator CS 2 or Upper version
*InDesign CS4 or Upper versionis
*Acrobat Professional 9 or Upper version
- When submitting an advertisement, Please provide paper, color sample (if possible) and a file specification sheet along with the PDF file.
- Please don’t use the specific-color.
- For color parts where four colors are used together (including images),please create data with ensuring that the total value of the CMYK4 edition is 320% or less.
- For bleed advertising, please ensure that the logo, company name, and advertising copy are at least 10mm above the finishing line* and placed on the inside, in addition, please provide a distance of at least 3mm on each side as bleed.
・SKYWARD [Single pages: H280mm×W210mm, Back Cover: 280mm×200mm]
・AGORA [Single pages: H280mm×W210mm, Back Cover: 280mm×194mm]
- We do not carry out color proofing.
- When advertising from overseas, we request that you leave decisions on the printing finish up to us.
Common to all video media
Points to consider in regard to bookings
- We cannot accept specifications regarding the order in which CF is to be shown.
- Flights on which CF can be aired are Japan Airlines flights only (flights shown as JL on the timetable). Irregular flights are not included.
- The screening period is scheduled to be from the first to the last day of the month; however, this may change slightly for various reasons. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
- We cannot provide a discount, repayment, or any compensation in the case your CF isn’t broadcasted because of inflight entertainment system problems.
Points to note on the production of material
- The front screen will be a 4:3 screen except for some aircraft. 16:9 video will have margins (blank spaces) placed at the top and bottom. Please provide 16:9 video in letter box format. (Squeeze format is not allowed)
- The personal monitor will use a 16:9 screen except for some aircraft. 4:3 video will have margins (blank spaces) placed at the right and left.
- Audio can be either monolingual or bilingual; in the case of choosing bilingual, please use Japanese and English.
- Along with the materials, please submit a job sheet that describes details such as the title, language, scale, time code and size.
- We have specifications regarding the format for the delivered tape. Please contact us for details.
Form of delivery
(1) CF before movies (2) CF before videos (3) Promotion (PR) program
•Date file • WMV or MP4 file for advance screening by JAL
* Please prepare the following only when submitting advertising for promotion
・Still image for MAGIC menu screen JPEG file (clear image with as high a resolution as possible)
・Program title for MAGIC menu screen There is a character limit (Japanese 12 full-width characters,English 25 characters *including spaces)
・Text introducing the program for SKYWARD（International Edition）Japanese, approx. 50 characters (certain characters will be appropriately modified by our editorial department); English will be translated by our editorial department after the Japanese has been decided.
- Americas (Eastern / Western US & Hawaii Islands)
[NYC / Eastern US] World Media, Inc. / TEL: 1 212 244 5610 / www.worldmediaonline.com
[HNL] PacRim Marketing Group Inc. / TEL: 1 808 949 4592 / www.pacrimmarketing.com
[HNL] Lighthouse Hawaii / TEL: 1 808 926 0022 / lighthouse-hawaii.com
- Europe (Europe)
[LON] IMM International, UK Brand / TEL: 44 203 585 1300 / www.imm-international.com
[PAR] Inflight Media Marketing France / TEL: 33 1 4013 7901 / www.imm-international.com
[GVA] Inflight Media Marketing, AG / TEL: 41 22 310 80 51 / www.imm-international.com
[ITA] Inflight Media Marketing International SARL / TEL: 39 02 46712521 / www.imm-international.com
- Asia (excluding Japan)
[SEL] First Media Service Corp. / TEL: 82 2 363 3591
[TPE] TOP TAIWAN MEDIA FACTORY / TEL: 886 2 2368 9128 / https://toptaiwanmedia.web.fc2.com
[SHA] NewBase Rui Shi（Shanghai）Advertising Co., Ltd. / TEL: 86 21 6141 3871 / www.thenewbase.com
[SHA] Jalux Shanghai Co., Ltd. / TEL: 86 21 34060663 / www.sh.jalux.com
[HKG] IMM Asia HK Ltd. / TEL: 852 2639 3635 / www.imm-international.com
[BKK] NewBase Thailand Ltd. / TEL: 91 9915037607 / www.newbase360.com
[BKK] JPP Thailand Ltd. / TEL: 66 02 051 4694
[SIN] NewBase Content Pte. Ltd. / TEL: 65 9632 2205/ www.newbase360.com
[SIN] Spafax Airline Network Pte. Ltd. / TEL: 65 6531 2682 / www.spafax.com
[IDN] Jet Set Media / TEL: 65 8189 4783
[BOM] Mediascope Representation India LLP / TEL: 91 22 68468500 / www.zaubacorp.com/company/MEDIASCOPE-REPRESENTATION-INDIA-LLP/AAI-3767